Why Do Hotels Use Small Pillows?: Secrets To Reveal
There are many types of pillows used in hotels that will make you sleep comfortably at night. Hotels have their own standards and preferences to offer their guests. One example is the size of the pillow to put in the bedroom for the guests. There are reasons why do hotels use small pillows rather than medium or large ones.
Perhaps, you want to know what kind of pillows are used in hotels and the reason why do hotels use small pillows. If you wanted to know more, then you’ve come into the right place, for I will discuss it with you in this article. Check on the reasons why hotels prefer small pillows for their guests. This will give you a clearer understanding on why do hotels prefer the use of small pillows than the big ones. So without further ado, let’s begin.
What are the Pillows Used in Hotels?
We all know that a hotel is a place where you can stay in for the night and rest. That being said, hotels provide you all your needs, especially when it comes to keeping you comfortable when you sleep.
Even though it all varies on the category and the style of hotels you choose to stay, there are hotels that will offer you pillow menus to choose what kind of pillow you prefer to use.
To fully understand why do hotels use small pillows rather than the others, better know first what are the pillows that a hotel offers.
- High Pillow
Guests usually sleep on their side. That’s the reason why hotels offer high pillows, for they know that people can sleep best and comfortably on a high pillow. So if you are like that, then you better choose this kind of pillow, as it aligns your neck and head with your spine. It allows you to lie down relaxed and straight.
- Medium Pillow
The medium pillows are preferable and offered to guests who like to sleep on their backs. So if you’re one of those who sleep on your back, then the medium height pillow is your great option. Your whole body can relax as it gives your neck and head with the kind of support you need. It is sometimes called the Chamberloft version because of its medium-density qualities.
- Normal Pillow
The normal pillows are just like the ones we have at home. This kind of pillow used in hotels will give you access to the shredded filling for better firmness and support your needs when sleeping.
- Small Memory Foam Pillow
This is by far the smallest pillow that a hotel could offer. This kind of pillow is ideal for travelers, and since travelers and guests who are on business trips are the hotels’ targeted clients, they offer the pillowcase to be taken by guests upon checkout. This is another good reason on why do hotels use small pillows.
Small Pillows: Why Is It Used in Hotels
You might be wondering why small pillows are used in hotels. You may also wonder if it really gives comfort to the guests, or if the hotel wanted to save lots of money rather than buying the big ones. To give answers to your curiosity, check on the reasons why do hotels use small pillows.
- Smalls pillows tend to be affordable than big ones. It would be easier for hotels to get supplies because the price is just right. Hotels have that price range for the number of pillows that they wish to have.
- Cleaning and maintaining would be easy, for you will keep it clean for the next one who will use it. You can always clean it thoroughly because the size is small and ideal for keeping it clean. Drying of the pillow would be easier, and once it’s dry, it stays dry longer, preventing molds from forming.
- Small pillows have that versatile qualities and firmness level. And even though deciding about the size of your pillow can be challenging because of the customers' different needs, if you have the small pillows, you can also support all kinds of their sleeping positions.
- Small pillows also have that same quality as medium or large pillows have. The sleeper can still have that comfortable and much-needed sleep on it.
- For hotels that offer you to bring home your pillowcase upon checkout, the small pillows are ideal for bringing home. It’s not only comfortable to carry around, but it saves the hotel with a lot of money when they opt to use small pillows. Just expect that if you decide to take your hotel pillows, then you must be charged for it.
- It is easy to replace, as hotels have to replace it if the pillow begins to show their age. This is to ensure that guests will always have that good night’s sleep. A guest, who comes to wake up with a sore and stiff neck, is a guest who will less likely check in again. Know more about hotel tips.
The pillow size will always play a vital role, whether if it’s used at home or for a hotel. However, hotel pillows can be a bit pricey than the usual pillows we use at home. But many hotels tend to use small pillows because guests like to pay for comfort and relaxation. You can always count on these pillows, as it can wake you up every morning and feel good about yourself.
Of course, it’s not always for person’s needs and interest why do hotels use small pillows for their guests. There are still a lot of things and factors to consider when opting for smaller pillows. In the end, what matters most is the ability to provide you with your needs when sleeping at a hotel. Now you know why do hotels use small pillows. May you have that comfortable and much-needed sleep you need when you check in a hotel and use small pillows.
February 2, 2021
By: Paul Lynch
When you are staying away from home for a business trip or when you are on vacation and doing a country tour, chances are, you will also need a place to stay like a hotel.
February 1, 2021
By: Albert Pike
It can be a real challenge to get a decent night’s rest when sleeping in a hotel room. Overnight travel by road, train, or air is not only uncommon but also distracting when getting a good night’s sleep.