Aside from the services a hotel offers, the beddings in the rooms are the principal basis of guests coming back. Having said that, hotel bedding is important to make your guests feel comfortable and relaxed. If you’re planning to put up your own hotel business, are you wondering what size is a double bed in a hotel? Continue reading to learn.
Choosing Right-sized Bed
Before you go bed shopping and deciding what bed is best for your hotel, you need to understand that there is one thing that you need to consider when buying the right size of bed. To know what size is a double bed in a hotel, let us walk you first on what you need to consider in choosing the correct bed.
Size – In choosing the bed’s right size, you need to remember that you should not choose the size of your hotel bed based on the size of the room. The measurement of the right-sized bed is ten centimeters longer than the tallest person sleeping in it. It should also be wide enough for both partners lying beside each other while their hands on the back of their heads.
Different Bed Sizes
Besides having different rooms, you should be able to accommodate the number of guests and meet their needs by having different sizes of beds in your hotel. To help you with what size is a double bed in a hotel, here are the different bed sizes:
- Twin – This type of bed is designed only for one person. The length of this bed is 190 cm, while its width is 99 cm only. Usually, this bed is just an additional bed for rooms with a queen-sized bed.
- Single – Its length measurement is 203 cm, while its width is the same as the twin-sized bed. It is also designed for one person but with more space than the twin size bed.
- Double – This bed size can fit one to two persons in it. To know what size is a double bed in a hotel, its length is 190 cm, just like the twin size. However, it measures 137 cm when it comes to its width.
- Queen – This is the usual type of bed that you can see in hotels because it can accommodate 2 to 3 persons. The size of this bed is 153 cm in width and 203 cm in length.
- King – This is more dominant than the queen size bed. Its length is 203 cm, while its width is 193 cm.
- California King – This type of bed is designed for taller people. Its length is 214 cm, and its width is 183 cm.
Provide Guests Services They Deserve
Guests will surely love your hotel if you provide them the best services they deserve. This includes giving them a substantial-sized and comfy bed. By learning what size is a double bed in a hotel, you can be sure that guests would not resist staying in your hotel. They will definitely come back again and again. Know more about double beds.