Many people are working inside the hotel. But we only know a few roles as some work directly with guests and some behind the scene. But since each of them works hard to give us the best service and make our stay meaningful, we would’ve wanted to get to know them. Are you familiar with the guest relations officer, their role? In this article, we will answer what is guest relations in a hotel.
The Edgewater Hotel
The first one on our list on what are the best luxury hotels in Seattle is the Edgewater Hotel. This lavish hotel with a long history sits on top of the Elliot Bay. Take the best room and enjoy the crashing waters on the beautiful Puget Sound. You can also appreciate this scenic view in the fireplace located in the hotel’s lobby. The over-all rustic theme of this hotel makes it an ideal escape from the busy modern life.
The Edgewater, being a waterfront hotel, offers unmatched views, especially when you need a break and some peace and tranquility. This hotel is also known for its Beatles connection and a full suite of Beatles memorabilia, which fans will surely enjoy. The food and service are also unparalleled. Overall, this hotel speaks of luxury and finesse. Thinking of what are the best luxury hotels in Seattle? – the Edgewater Hotel tops the list.
What to Expect
Being a guest relation officer isn’t an easy task. They play a big role in making the guests’ hotel stay exceptional. Without them, things will not be the same. Some may be familiar with them, but most still have no idea what guest relations are in a hotel and their roles. Learn it below.
What is guest relations in a hotel? Being aware of their responsibilities is part of knowing them. As we all know, every hotel staff does a different job to fulfill the guests’ needs. And if you are aspiring to become one of the guest relations officers, it would be better to know your responsibilities first.
- As a staff for this job, you will be answering all the guests’ inquiries about the programs, facilities, and services offered by the hotel.
- Not all customers get satisfied with the services that the hotel offers. So you have to be ready to face and address the complaints of every customer.
- You will be greeting every guest that comes in and comes out of the hotel.
- You are expected to be friendly and approachable.
- You should be communicating formally and politely with the guest.
- You are expected to be reliable and customer-oriented.
- You should be sensitive to the needs of every guest.
- You will be reviewing the arrival list to welcome the expected guests.
- You will be attending and assisting VIP guests.
- You will be recording some information of the guests in the daily logbook.
- One of the most important hotel guest relations job description is being flexible and punctual. So you must work hard to achieve that.
You already know what is guest relations in a hotel. How about the qualities that one must possess? We want to expand your vision about their job description. So if you are planning to serve this job, bear in mind the following qualities.
- Before you agree to do this job, you must be familiar with the hospitality industry standards.
- You will be conversing with different people with different nationalities, so you are expected to possess excellent communication skills. And since English is the universal language, you should be proficient. However, it would be better if you can speak different languages to attend to those who are not fluent in this language.
- You are expected to be customer-oriented. Meaning, even if they don’t mention anything, you must be sensitive to guests’ needs.
- You must have good time-management skills and be organized because this is a multi-activity job.
- You must have an outgoing personality with a professional attitude.
- You should be computer literate, especially in Microsoft word and excel.
- You must be a graduate of BA or BSc in Hospitality management.
- You must know how to handle conflicts and solve problems.
- You must treat the guests fairly and politely regardless of their status.
- Remember that as a guest relations hotel officer, you must have the patience and self-control no matter how the guest is provoking.
- You should not disclose any information about the guests.
We meet different people in the hotel, including the staff. Each of them carries a responsibility for the guests. They make sure that we feel safe, enjoying delicious meals, getting the best amenities and room services. One of these hard-working people is the guest relations officer. We may not be too familiar with them because our main priority in checking in the hotel is to be relaxed and escape from the stressors. But now that you learned in this article what is guest relations in a hotel, you now know how they work. These people give much of their time to make sure that our stay is comfortable and fun. They assist us with our daily needs and help us get out of the most in our stay. The next time you meet one of them, say thank you or respond with a smile. Have fun during your stay! Find out more about hotel management.