What Is A Full Breakfast At Hotels?
It's so special to just wake up, freshen up and see breakfast served before you. Such experience happens during a hotel stay, while on travel, or on a break. No need to battle it out in the kitchen so early in the morning. No need to hurry eating because another workday awaits. The hotel experience then is not only about checking in for the night. It is also largely about the luxury of waking up to a complete, well-curated breakfast. Speaking of well-curated, what is full breakfast at hotel?
What are the Types Hotel Breakfast?
A hotel typically has some standard offerings when it comes to breakfast. Across the globe, the most common breakfast choice is the Continental Breakfast. It is also the most basic, with rolls, butter, spreads, and coffee. The other two offerings most commonly offered in a hotel's breakfast offerings are the Full or English Breakfast and a Full American Breakfast. Let's take a closer look at what is full breakfast at hotel and what treats there are in these breakfast plates.
The Continental Breakfast.
This type of breakfast is normally the lightest and quickest option if a diner is on the go. 'Continental' refers to Europe, with a much simpler version of this breakfast set typically enjoyed in France and the Mediterranean to jumpstart the day. The bread, butter, coffee ensemble of a Continental Breakfast may specifically look like this:
- Slices of bread and pastries like toast, rolls, croissants, brioche, muffins
- A small assortment of fruits
- Butter, fruit jams, marmalades, and similar preserves, spreads, and honey
- Beverages like coffee, tea, hot chocolate
- Fruit juice, typically orange
- Other additions: cereals, porridge or oatmeal, eggs, bacon or other breakfast meats, cheese
Full Breakfast or English breakfast.
If you are wondering what is full breakfast at hotel specifically looks like, then it is this fully-packed, belly-busting breakfast type. A meal that may consist of two courses or sometimes even as elaborate as eight, an English Breakfast has these on the plate:
- Fresh fruit juice, either orange, pineapple, or tomato
- Fruit slices, like bananas, melon, grapefruit, pears, or papaya
- Stewed fruits like apples, prunes, figs, or plums
- Cereals, either porridge, muesli, rice or wheat flakes, etc. with milk
- Fish, usually sole or herring, either grilled, steamed, or poached
- Eggs, either fried, boiled, poached, scrambled or omelet
- Meat, either sausages, bacon, etc.
- Bread like toast, brioche, rolls, brown bread
- Honey, jam, marmalade, or other preserves and butter to go with the bread
- Beverages like tea, coffee, hot chocolate, milk
Some English breakfast variations also include baked beans, black pudding, grilled tomatoes, and mushrooms. Now that's really full.
The American Breakfast.
This is another full, satisfying hotel breakfast type with its large portions. Another breakfast of champions, make way for what's served on an American plate:
- Big servings of eggs
- A side of bacon or other breakfast meats like sausages, salami, etc.
- Breakfast cereals
- Bread, jams or preserves and butter
- potatoes or hashbrowns
- pancakes or waffles
- beverages like coffee
If you can't choose among the three common hotel breakfast sets and would like to sample all, hotels also usually offer a buffet breakfast, which is always a welcome treat for guests. If you’re still asking what is full breakfast at hotel, the buffet breakfast may also include other selections that are not found in the three previous sets. Hotels also set up food stations so guests can enjoy a wide variety of breakfast food. Some additions may include other cuisines and food stations:
- Japanese Breakfast station, with steamed rice, miso soup, fish, tofu, eggs, fresh and pickled vegetable side dishes, and tea
- Italian Breakfast station, with coffee variations like cappuccino, latte, and cookies, biscuits in addition to bread and pastries
- Other adventurous cultural inspirations like shakshuka, breakfast meats like chorizo, and flavors like curry, coconut milk, and Asian spices
- Breakfast cereal station, with granola, muesli, corn flakes, etc.
- Waffles, pancake, and French toast station
- Omelette station
- Crepe station
- Cold cuts and cheeses
- Healthy and organic station, with vegetarian and vegan offerings like smoothies, meat substitutes, etc.
- Similar to the healthy and organic station, a Super Food station, with exotic fruits in season and trendy must-buys like chia seeds, flaxseed, quinoa, and other grains
Hotel breakfast is what guests always look forward to for their comfort and convenience. Guests are also spared the hassle of still looking for a breakfast place so early in the morning in a locality they may not be familiar with. Through breakfast, the hotel may also then become a one-stop-shop and melting pot of different cuisines to enjoy. Add to that the unique variety of delicacies found in the local community where the hotel is located. As always, an added value of hotels is that guests are assured of consistent standards and food safety. Having read this, what is full breakfast at hotel? A full breakfast in a hotel could be special. Know more about hotel dining.
May 5, 2021
By: Rudy Aims
Cocktail coffee books are popular among people who love to enjoy coffee, wine, and great food. These coffee table books are found in bars, hotels, and other similar places.
May 4, 2021
By: Catherine Ambrose
Typically, it is served on a buffet table and has a limited menu, unlike the traditional breakfast at a restaurant
May 4, 2021
By: Rudy Aims
As long as you can afford to, staying in a hotel is a welcome idea, especially if you’re too stressed and wanted a break from the usual routine.