What Is Continental Breakfast In Hotel?: How Continental Breakfast Is Served
What is continental breakfast in hotel? A continental breakfast is usually a light morning meal. Typically, it is served on a buffet table and has a limited menu, unlike the traditional breakfast at a restaurant, e.g., bread products, various fruits, fruit juices, coffee, and tea. Continental breakfast is often served at hotels, motels, and events.
The continental breakfast is often served cold, or room temperature and is usually offered for free to hotel guests from 6:00 to 10:00 in the morning.
What Consists of a Continental Breakfast?
A continental breakfast is consists of different food. What is continental breakfast in hotel? Hotel continental breakfast comes in a variety of choices.
Following are the food served on a continental breakfast buffet:
- Bread – A continental breakfast is usually served with different types of bread, such as donuts, muffins, bagels, croissants, and pastries. You may also find waffles, pancakes, or French toast with condiments on the sides, including jam/jelly, butter, and cream cheese.
- Fruit – For a healthier option, most continental breakfasts provide fruits like apples, bananas, melon, pears, grapes, and various berries.
- Fruit Juice – there are various options such as orange juice, apple juice, cranberry juice, grapefruit juice, and grape juice.
- Coffee and Tea – Most continental breakfasts include brewed coffee and tea. You may add creamer or sweeteners if you want.
- Miscellaneous - Items that are sometimes served at continental breakfast buffets: yogurt, oatmeal, eggs, bacon, sausage, and cheese.
Levels of Continental Breakfast
Not all continental breakfasts are the same. There are not so good continental breakfast, a standard continental breakfast, and good continental breakfast.
Maybe you will ask, what is continental breakfast in hotel? Is it the standard or the good continental breakfast? The continental breakfast level will depend on the kind of food served.
- Not so good continental breakfast – You may say that it is a bad or worst continental breakfast if there is only limited food served. The food is not in its best quality, and the drinks are limited, e.g., no milk, no freshly brewed coffee, or no fruit juice. You may observe that the continental breakfast buffet table is not organized, and the food is not being replenished.
- Standard continental breakfast – The standard continental breakfast is well-organized. The food will be limited, but mostly fresh will be served. The standards continental breakfast will have the following combinations: muffins, bagels, fruits, bread, cereal, croissants, waffles, pastries, juice, milk, tea, yogurt, and fresh coffee. There is also some cream, sugar, butter, and jam/jelly on the side.
- Good continental breakfast – Most good continental breakfast can be found in big hotels. The main factor that separates a good continental breakfast from the standard is the number of options. A good continental breakfast is like a breakfast buffet at a restaurant. The spread of choices is impressive such as bacon, sausage, eggs, French toast, pancakes, and pastries, and some other options at a standard continental breakfast. There will be additional breakfast entrees like omelets, egg benedict, quiches, and the likes.
Knowing the different continental breakfast levels will inform you and eliminate the question, what is continental breakfast in hotel because you would at least have an idea depending on the hotel's category.
How to Make the Most Out of the Continental Breakfast
Step 1. Arrive on Time
Waking up early in the morning is the greatest obstacle when you are taking the time of your life whenever you are out of town. Even though you are on vacation and mostly want to stay in bed, you have to wake up early to make the most of the complimentary continental breakfast. Usually, breakfast is served as early as 6:00 AM and ends by 9:00 AM.
You have to arrive at the continental breakfast at least 20 minutes before it ends because if you show up late, most items will no longer be available.
Step 2. Survey Your Options
Before you start to get food, see first what is available and inspect your options. That way, you will get all the food you want first and taste some that you want to try. You will indeed have the best experience by choosing the best quality products available.
Step 3. Consider your Goals
Do you want to get the tastiest meal? Or do you like to satisfy your hunger and enjoy your food? Set your goals to maximize the experience while enjoying the food. If you are trying to gain muscles, stick with high protein, and avoid carbohydrates. If you want to eat tasty and healthy food, you may choose a piece of bread, egg, fruits, cheese, and yogurt.
Step 4. Get Small Serving
Get less food than what you plan on eating. Remember, you could always go back and get some; you do not want to waste food.
Step 5. Lower your Expectation
Do not expect world-class food; Enjoy the food.
Occasionally, it is good to experience continental breakfast in a hotel to wonder what is continental breakfast in hotel and how it differs from other continental breakfast served in motels and events. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. If you happen to stay in a hotel, especially during vacation, make sure that you experience the continental breakfast and make the most out of it. Find out more about hotel dining.
May 4, 2021
By: Rudy Aims
As long as you can afford to, staying in a hotel is a welcome idea, especially if you’re too stressed and wanted a break from the usual routine.
May 3, 2021
By: Catherine Ambrose
Luxury hotels offer some of the best food amenities. These simple gestures create a surge of happiness from coffee to chocolates that affects the overall guest experience.