Traveling isn’t exclusive to family and friends anymore now that we have options to travel with our pets. In this day and age, it’s crucial to know what hotels are pet friendly, so we’re assured of an enjoyable stay with our beloved companions.
What To Look For In A Pet-Friendly Hotel
Being a pet parent is a fulfilling role, and it’s a good thing that a lot of establishments, like malls and hotels, are slowly accommodating pets. In our search for what hotels are pet friendly, we should also know what to look for in a pet-friendly hotel:
- Easy access to outdoor space – Your pets should be able to enjoy the great outdoors. A human may love the idea of a cozy hotel room, but a dog’s sense of leisure is in being able to roam freely.
- Proximity to dog-friendly activities and parks – In searching what hotels accept dogs, you want to make sure that your hotel is close to other spaces your pet would love, like parks or the beach.
- Hotel amenities to make dogs feel at home – When it’s time to sleep, your pet’s comfort is as important as yours. An excellent pet-friendly hotel should provide your dog with basic amenities, like a dog bed or a water bowl.
- Dog-friendly establishments within the vicinity – When you want to step out of the vicinity, it would be a refreshing find to have some restaurants and establishments as open and accepting to dogs as your hotel.
- An outdoor shower or a dog bathtub – Your pets get messy when they have too much fun, which is something you don’t want to deprive them of. Your hotel should anticipate this need and provide a designated area for washing your fur babies before they jump into bed with you.
- Pet-loving hotel staff – The most important part about being in a pet-friendly hotel is to be around people who love your dog as much as you do. This infectious energy of love and care makes an excellent hotel for your pet.
Quick Tips To Find Pet-Friendly Hotels
If you are searching for what hotels are pet friendly, try these tips:
- Filter your search – When you open a reservations application in your phone or computer, filter your search to allow pets. This option is available in your filters tab and will help you narrow your search. You can even pair it with other options, like price range and location.
- Read online hotel reviews – Don’t miss the reviews! These bits of information can be very useful when you’re looking for a vacation spot with your fur baby.
- Ask fellow pet owners – If you belong to a community of pet owners, ask their recommendations for a pet-friendly retreat.
Ask fellow pet owners – If you belong to a community of pet owners, ask their recommendations for a pet-friendly retreat.