A Quick Guide On How To Clean A Hotel Room
If you’re a traveler wanting to know more about hotel room cleaning, this is the best guide for you. We will start with the bedroom and work our way to the bathroom.
Cleaning A Hotel Bedroom
So what are the steps to clean a hotel room? Let’s start with the basics.
1. Remove all the sheets, pillowcases, blankets, and quilts while inspecting them for stains.
2. Start making the bed by laying the lower sheet over the mattress and tuck it at the bed’s upper end. After laying down the top sheet and the blanket, you can start tucking them all together. Smooth the duvet, making it look nice and neat, and fluff the pillows of the bed
3. Empty all the garbage bins.
4. Dust the furniture, walls, and other areas. Use a damp, clean cloth for areas you feel need extra cleaning.
5. Inspect other corners of the room. Dust if needed.
6. Check the sliding glass doors of the balcony if applicable.
7. Sanitize appliances, like remotes, phones, and the fridge.
8. Spot clean mirrors and windows. Full and detailed cleaning is usually done once a month.
9. Wash coffee mugs and glasses with hot water and soap. Dry them with a clean towel and put them back in place.
10. Open all cabinets or drawers for anything the guest may have left behind.
11. Replenish items in the room, like stationery, coffee, sugar, tea, and toiletries.
12. Vacuum hard to reach areas, like under the bed or by the couch.
Cleaning A Hotel Bathroom
Just from the bedroom alone, learning what are the steps to clean hotel room may already look like a lot of work. Let’s move on to the bathroom:
1. Remove the used towels and toiletries.
2. Empty bathroom garbage bins.
3. Check the toilet paper. If there is less than a third left, replace it with a new roll.
4. Clean all the bathroom mirrors and dry with a microfiber cloth to avoid markings.
5. Use the hotel’s supplied cleaner to spray the sink and bathtub and scrub surfaces if necessary. Dry them with a clean microfiber cloth.
6. Wipe the bathroom walls.
7. Fold all the clean towels and mats according to hotel standards.
8. Replenish all bathroom toiletries and amenities.
When we’re used to seeing a room clean and ready for us, we forget about what are the steps to clean a hotel room. Now that we have a rough idea about the effort it takes to clean it, we can be more mindful of what we do and more appreciative of what housekeeping does.