What Are The Responsibilities Of A Housekeeper In A Hotel
Hotels won’t be successful without the people maintaining it to be in its most perfect condition. They do everything they can just to make sure the hotel is as good as new. The people who are responsible for making such things are called housekeepers. Aside from that, there are other tasks a housekeeper must accomplish every day. Wondering what are the responsibilities of a housekeeper in a hotel? Continue reading to know more about them.
Housekeeping Duties and Responsibilities
Housekeeping is not an easy job. It can be challenging most of the time. Listed below are the responsibilities of a housekeeper in a hotel:
- Cleaning furniture and fixtures – It is only essential that hotels are full of different furniture and fixtures. The housekeeper is responsible for cleaning and polishing these things. They need to make sure to use proper cleaning materials because some hotels have different types of wood for their furniture and fixtures.
- Sanitizing toilets – Housekeepers make sure that all the bathrooms are clean and sanitized to avoid bacterial growth, bad odors, and viruses.
- Maintaining a clean kitchen area – They also maintain the cleanliness in the kitchen area. Cooks won’t be able to clean it because, like them, they are also preoccupied with their job.
- Making beds – Housekeepers make sure that the beds are made and the linens changed before another guest checks in.
- Cleaning windows – Housekeepers are also responsible for making the window clean and maintaining their cleanliness.
- Cleaning floors, carpets, and rugs – To make carpets and rugs clean, housekeepers use a vacuum while using mops and other cleaning tools in cleaning hard floors. They also make sure that the floors are swept and polished.
- Laundry – They also do the laundry to ensure that the linens in your rooms and even the curtains are clean. This would prevent the spread of any disease.
- Stocking bathrooms with toiletries – They are also responsible for stocking your bathroom with different toiletries, towels, and other essential supplies.
- Emptying and disposing of trash bins – To avoid bad odors and pests inside the hotel, housekeepers make sure to empty all of the trash bins in the hotel.
- Monitoring cleaning supplies – Housekeepers need to make sure that all their cleaning supplies are complete.
Be Considerate With Them
Housekeepers make every place in the hotel clean, tidy, and safe. They make sure that the guests in the hotel spend their time without inconvenience. It may be a demanding job for the reason that it requires patience, hard work, and perseverance. But all their hard work pays off whenever guests come back because of the good service the hotel provides. Learning what are the responsibilities of a housekeeper in a hotel makes you more considerate to not take their efforts for granted. One way you can actually help them is by putting your trash in the right place.