If you’re looking for tips on how to design a hotel floor plan, then you’ve come to the right place.
This task is tedious and daunting for newbies. This article will focus on floor planning basics, so you don’t end up overwhelmed with architectural jargon that’s too much to understand. Let’s jumpstart your hotel floor planning task with this quick and easy guide.
What’s In A Floor Plan?
A floor plan is a building’s measured diagram in print. It can be that of a single room, an entire floor, or the whole building. It is expressed in terms of scaled drawings with room space measurements, including furniture, appliances, and whatnot that are essential to a floor plan’s goals.
Without a floor plan, stuffing your place with appliances and furniture can go chaotic, with some items placed in areas where they do not fit. But with a good floor plan, everything fits to a tee, and you get to maximize all the space there is.
Why are Floor Plans Important?
Floor plans are essential for an organized space. The following are salient points in the importance of creating a floor plan before starting out building a home, office, or business establishments such as hotels.
- Floor plan brings your ideas nearer to reality by creating visuals, thereby allowing you to organize and perfect your strategy before the actual construction.
- It will serve as your guide and your referral for the span of work needed.
- The blueprint will allow you to make adjustments when the initial plan turns out erroneous or substandard.
- It facilitates ease of project completion.
- Having a floor plan will also guide you on which materials are to be purchased.
- It allows you to see what the outcome will be like and assess areas that need revision in advance.
- With a detailed and scaled floor plan, you can plan what furniture to employ and which area it will take.
- Floor plans are essential in real estate as it is used to explain the flow of space to would-be buyers or renters.
- A floor plan allows you to create a better building.
- A floor plan aids you in relaying your ideas with interior designers.
What Do Floor Plans Show?
In a floor plan, you will see diagrams of spaces and things inside a room or building. Expect to see the following details:
- The walls within the room or building and its hallways
- Doors and windows
- Necessary building appliances and devices like stoves, refrigerators, water heater, and others
- Indoor amenities like fireplaces, bars, and the likes
- The purpose of each room
What Makes a Great Hotel Floor Plan?
Before we start discussing how to design a hotel floor plan, let’s get to know a good hotel floor plan’s features. Make sure the following are observed in your blueprint.
- Flexible and convertible – Allow the spaces you create to be more versatile, for when the time comes, you’ll need to convert your area into something else to cater to a need.
- Ample space – Each section of the building must have enough space to cater the area’s expected traffic. You wouldn’t want a foyer that’s bursting with people. It’s a turn-off for would-be guests.
- A well-suited room layout – When it comes to lay-outing rooms, you don’t just assign a space without considering other areas. There are rules to be followed, such as restrooms shouldn’t be in front of the dining nor living rooms. Once breached, expect a not so pleasant hotel stay.
- Serve its purpose – If you’re planning for a hotel floor plan, let each section respond to the business’s needs. A house plan is starkly different from a hotel plan.
- Weigh in architectural planning and practical needs – It’s easy to fall in love with architectural designs, but before employing what you think is aesthetically pleasing, never disregard safety and security. A floor to ceiling window is a risk for kids.
Drawing Your Hotel Blueprint
When you’re about to start drawing your plan, here are the steps to follow on how to design a hotel floor plan.
- Select an area to be sketched. If a building already stands, figure out which location would you design first. If you’re planning from scratch, choose designs based on the available space and the shape of the lot where the building will be located.
- Measure spaces. If a building is already existent, just scale up the walls, doors, and other fixtures for a spot-on floor plan. But if a completely new layout is to be made, make sure the project fits the actual lot size.
- Begin with the walls. Draw the walls of every partition first, making sure you are creating a scaled drawing.
- Blend in architectural designs. It’s time to add accents to the room by putting in permanent fixtures such as doors and windows and other architectural layouts.
- Add devices. Plan where the appliances should be placed to quickly locate their exact space when the building is done. Doing so prevents lumping the room with devices that weren’t in the plan. Floor plan apps make the task easy; all you need is to drag and drop icons to represent a blueprint feature. Such apps will make you feel like a pro even as you are just learning how to design a hotel floor plan.
Whether you’re practicing or into something more serious with your plan, knowing how to design a hotel floor plan can be an exciting task. Thankfully, with the help of apps, designing homes, hotels and other buildings can now be done in a breeze. Find out more about hotel designs.