Aside from the amenities offered by every hotel, nothing is more relaxing than enjoying your stay in a clean, relaxing, and beautiful hotel room. That is why hotel owners hire the best interior designers to provide the most stylish room and experience to every guest. It will not look pleasing to the eye if the room is dirty. If you are a hotel owner or any hotel personnel, you will benefit from this article because we will teach you how to clean a guest rooms in a hotel!
The Effect of Clean Rooms on the Brain
We can all agree that a messy room gives an eyesore, did you know that a cleanroom affects our brain? If we are to dig in with the professionals’ research, a dirty and disorganized room hinders us from focusing on our task or activity. This scenario invites the brain to slow down in processing information. Aside from that, we become less productive and short-tempered.
While reading this now, you must be thinking it happened to you already, or you know someone who experienced this. If you want to help, give them the motivation to clean their room. So what will happen if the room is clean? Well, good news because your brain will have organized thoughts and boosts your creativity.
Same as when you are staying in a hotel. The cleaner the room, the better the feeling of every guest. So if you want to know how to clean a guest room in the hotel, keep reading this to give your guests the perfect room.
Prepare the Materials
How to clean guest room in hotel? Start by preparing all the materials that will help you clean the rooms. Working with incomplete equipment and products will hinder you from working productively, so make sure you have these to help you maximize your time and prevent delays.
- microfiber cloth
- clean blankets, pillowcase, comforter, linens, bathroom essentials, and towels
- basket for dirty clothes and bedsheets
- Furniture cleaner
- Trash bag
The Cleaning Procedure
The cleaning procedure for the guest room is easier if you will follow the steps systematically. Make sure that you don’t skip any of these to ensure that every corner is properly cleaned. But before entering the room, make sure you politely ask the guest if you can come in and start cleaning.
- Take off the dirty sheets. Do this by stripping off every layer and fold it to prevent contamination. Then put it inside the laundry basket.
- Check the bed for stains and spills.
- Fix the mattress.
- Remove the dirty linens. Fold it and put it inside the laundry basket.
- Next, ready your duster because you will be dusting the tops of the furniture.
- Wipe the window sills, lampshades, smaller furniture, and other decors.
- Change or clean the microfiber cloth and start wiping the bed frame, chairs, and other furniture inside.
- Turn on the vacuum and run it all over the room to extract all fine dust, dirt, and hair.
- Make sure that every corner is clean.
- Pick up all the litters and drop it inside the trash bag.
- Replace the beddings, linens, and bathroom essentials.
- Collect all dirty clothes and put them inside the laundry bag.
- Fix the bed.
- Organize the decor and furniture.
The Final Procedure
Now that you already know the proper cleaning procedures of guest rooms, you are now ready for the last step. Of course, a cleanroom isn’t enough. It should also smell good. That is why, after doing all the cleaning stuff, make sure you finish it by spraying aerosol. Do not use too much of it because some guests have sensitive noses. So better if the aerosol that you will be putting has a mild and calming scent. Congratulations! You just learned how to clean a guest room in a hotel! Do this several times to master these steps. Know more about housekeeping.
A clean and good-smelling hotel room is what every guest would demand. That is why hotel owners spend billions each year to provide the best quality cleaning equipment and supplies. Poorly maintained hotel rooms usually have bedbugs, dusty appliances, and dirty towels. You’ll definitely have the worst staycation if you’re planning to watch all day and relax in your room only to find out that things are dirty.
If you are a hotel owner, you must have felt good after reading this article because you already know how to clean guest rooms in the hotel, or most probably, you are already doing the proper cleaning all along. With this, you’ll be able to understand the proper procedures in cleaning. This will also help you see the materials you should provide to make the cleaning process easier and more efficient. Follow the steps provided diligently, and your hotel rooms will be neat and perfect!