Have you gone into your hotel bedroom, turn the tv on, and noticed that the input is restricted? Do you know how to change input on hotel tv? While it is incredibly disappointing not being able to use and access all the features on your room tv, it is good to know that there are several ways how to switch input on hotel tv.
With the advent of technology and the internet, you might not find it disappointing to find that your room TV’s input feature is purposely disabled as you can pass the time by surfing the internet or streaming on your laptop. However, for instances that you have no other choice but to use the TV for some movie night with your family or friends, what are you going to do to enable the hotel tv input? Disabling the guest room TV’s input feature and settings is an old practice and is not a common thing to do with your TV nowadays. So here’s what you can do when you need to use your hotel room’s tv input.
What is HDMI input?
High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI) cables are the latest development in the electronics industry for input connectors. Devices needed two to three separate cables for audio and video connectors before, while nowadays, we only need an HDMI input connector to transmit both audio and video and the good thing is, it is supported by most electronic devices, including 4K televisions, HDTVs, audio receivers, DVD and Blu-ray players, cable boxes, and video game consoles. Compared to analog cable connections, the HDMI is less prone to interference and signal noise while also producing better audio and video quality and bandwidth.
Why is your TV HDMI Feature Restricted?
While this does not happen in all hotels and resorts, some establishments disable HDMI input features from the installed TV in their guest bedroom because they also offer paid subscriptions or movie rentals. By disabling the TV’s HDMI input feature, guests are more likely to avail of their services with limited to no other entertainment option. While the restriction doesn’t entirely eliminate your television use, it is safe to say that the stuff you can watch on it will be scanty. If this restriction is troublesome for you, check out our list of how to change input on hotel tv on the latter part of this article.
How to Unlock Hotel TV Input?
Enabling the HDMI input feature and settings is fairly easy as long as you are literate enough to navigate your hotel room TV settings and cables. There are several ways to enable the HDMI feature of your TV, but some of these steps depend primarily on the TV brand you have. But before we give the step by step process on how to change input on hotel tv, here are a couple of reminders:
- Keep in mind that performing settings changes may misconfigure or damage the device.
- If you’re not confident dealing with electronics in general, do not change or modify settings you are not familiar with.
- If possible, write down or take a picture of the initial TV configuration as a basis in case you want to go back to the original settings.
- Test settings changes before saving them
- The steps on how to change input on hotel tv provided here are not guaranteed to work every time.
Before heading to the brand-specific ways to try to enable the restricted HDMI input of hotel room TVs, you follow some general tips and steps:
- Check if the cables are connected and secure and if the TV’s remote control is well-powered and working correctly.
- Unplugging the TV may reset the connection between the hotel network and the TV itself. By doing so, there is the possibility that the lack of network connection would disable the menu restrictions.
- Simultaneously pressing and holding MENU buttons on the remote and on the TV itself will access the factory menu for the TV where you can disable the device’s restrictions.
The process of how to change input on hotel TV could differ from one brand to the other because of the software installed in it. Considering this, here are some of the ways you can unlock the most common hotel guestroom TVs:
- Press and hold the Settings button on the TV remote for more than 5 seconds and then quickly enter the passcode 1105 to access the Hotel Mode setup. In this menu, you can easily change the settings and disable the restrictions set on the TV input and connect any HDMI-compatible device.
- If the initial passcode did not work, here are some more alternative options: 0413, 0000, 7777, 8741, or 8878.
- With the device turned off, quickly turn it on and enter the passcode: “Display (or i+) – 5 – Volume Up – Power” to access the TV’s menu settings. If the initial password did not work, you can enter “Left – Right – Mute – Center (or OK) Button – Mute – Menu” with the TV already on.
- To access the hidden Hotel Mode settings, quickly input the passcode: “3 – 1 – 9 – 7 – 5 – 3 – Mute” to open the Setup Menu. This menu has a master’s program setting where you can change easily access the input settings.
As mentioned earlier, learning how to change input on hotel TV is easy as long as you have the knowledge to do it. While it might take some time and effort to enable your TV’s input feature successfully, it will surely be worth it when you can connect your laptop, phone, or console for better quality entertainment. Just remember to put the settings back to its original state before leaving and be cautious enough not to damage the device. Know more about hotel TVs.