Have you ever walked into your hotel room after a tiring day and decided to turn the TV on, but you noticed that the screen is so dark that you can barely see anything? Do you want to know how to adjust brightness on LG hotel TV? This issue has been persistent for a variety of LG hotel TVs across numerous hotels. So why is it the screen of LG hotel TVs so dark? Let’s try to find out and learn how to adjust the brightness with these devices.
What is LG Hotel TVs and Hotel Mode?
In general, hotel TVs are specially designed and calibrated devices that make it ideal for hospitality and business environments. The concepts behind hotel TVs aim to provide a quality performance while redesigning the device to offer a relatively simple and user-friendly interface. Besides that, hotel TVs are also designed to make universal control easier for the management to set limits and prevent misuse from guests and customers. The following features of LG hotel TVs are specified below for your better understanding and reference.
- Simple Network Management Protocol
It offers easy and convenient network management for SI and business managers.
- USB Auto Playback+
You can create a media playlist of your choosing (video, music, and/or images). Save it to a USB memory device, and then simply connect the USB memory device to the TV to stream your playlist sequentially.
- Time Scheduler
Create your own Time Scheduler for your TV. Once you set opening/closing hours and holidays, the TV will turn on/off according to your schedule.
- Multi IR
Multi IR function eliminates the remote control signal interference between TVs in multiple dwelling beds. This system will work using the same LG TV model.
- Welcome Screen/Video
With the capability to display various video formats and images repeatedly, Commercial Lite TVs allow for a greater variation of greeting messages in hotel rooms, which make customers feel more welcome and cared for.
- USB Cloning
Clone all commercial TVs with astonishing speed and ease. The USB Cloning feature allows you to simply copy the TV settings to all TVs using a USB memory device.
- Lock Mode
The Lock Mode blocks external input signals with non-compliant content. This is a useful feature for preventing TVs’ misuse in various facilities or public spaces.
- Hotel Mode
From channel selection to volume setting, you can control the TV settings in all the rooms with Hotel Mode. Prevent misuse by customers, set volume limits, or reset settings to default for any TV. You are in control of it all.
Ways on how to Disable LG Hotel Mode
There are several ways on how to adjust brightness on LG hotel TV by simply disabling the Hotel Mode to gain access to the menu and settings of the device. Disabling the Hotel Mode is fairly easy as long as you are literate enough to navigate your hotel room TV settings and cables. However, it is important to remember that none of these steps and options are guaranteed. Regardless, here are some more things to consider before changing your TV settings:
- Remember that performing settings changes may misconfigure or damage the device.
- If you’re not confident dealing with electronics in general, do not change or modify settings you are not familiar with.
- If possible, write down or take a picture of the initial TV configuration as a basis in case you want to go back to the original settings.
- Test settings changes before saving them.
Before checking out how to adjust brightness on LG hotel TV by disabling the Hotel Mode, here are some helpful tips to consider:
- Check if the cables are connected and secure and if the TV’s remote control is well-powered and working correctly.
- Unplugging the TV may reset the connection between the hotel network and the TV itself. By doing so, there is the possibility that the lack of network connection would disable the menu restrictions.
- Simultaneously pressing and holding MENU buttons on the remote and on the TV itself will access the factory menu for the TV where you can disable the device’s restrictions.
- Press and hold the Settings button on the TV remote for more than 5 seconds and then quickly enter the passcode 1105 to access the Hotel Mode setup. In this menu, you can easily change the settings and disable the restrictions set on the TV input and connect any HDMI-compatible device.
- If the initial passcode did not work, here are some more alternative options: 0413, 0000, 7777, 8741, or 8878. This steps can help you on how to adjust brightness on LG hotel TV.
- Reset the device by holding the power button for about five seconds. This will automatically restart the TV and can reset and eliminate the lock and limitations set on the device.
- You can also try to unplug the device and remove the battery from the television’s back panel. Ideally, you would have to wait for a couple of hours before plugging the TV back.
- If this still did not work, you can purchase a universal remote from electronic stores or online stores. Considering that most TVs are compatible with a universal remote, you would access the menu settings by entering the lock code using the universal remote. Find out more about hotel TVs.
While the idea behind LG’s Global Dimming is logical and energy-saving, there are still questions with this feature’s effectivity, particularly when the TV’s Hotel Mode limits the user’s capability to adjust necessary settings like the screen brightness. Luckily, disabling the LG Hotel Mode in your room is one way how to adjust brightness on LG hotel TV and fix it according to your preferred brightness. However, it is also important to remember that the disabling process may not work all the time and may subject to a possible risk of damage to the device.