Are you a young traveler planning to make your way in the world one day at a time? You’ve come to the right place! It’s natural for you to ask how old to book a hotel room. It can be frustrating to travel unaware, which is why we’ll give you some useful travel tips.
Useful Travel Tips For The Young Traveler
Hotel restrictions make it hard for young travelers to plan their trips. We will be answering some critical questions to help you make the most out of your travel.
Hotels And Bookings For Minors
1. How old to book a hotel room?
If you’re 18 years or older, you are generally at the right age to get a hotel room. This policy is quite reasonable because of the following:
- A contract signed by a minor cannot be imposed by the hotel, putting them at risk when a minor decides to disregard the bill.
- A hotel is legally responsible if something happens to minors during their stay.
NOTE: Some hotels have other age requirements. Some can go as high as 25, which is why you should always check with the front desk first.
2. Do some hotels offer exceptions for minors?
These cases are sporadic. If an exception is made for minors, hotels will put themselves at risk. In most cases, you must be accompanied by a person who fulfills the age requirement to book the room.
Here are some other options:
- Bed and breakfast
Some of these establishments may offer exceptions, but it’s best to be sure by checking their website on concerns, like how old to book a hotel room.
NOTE: As a last resort and in case of emergencies, you may still be able to negotiate an exception. In these rare cases, hotel management must actively participate to ensure you are safe. It’s also helpful to bring written permission from your legal guardian.
Planning A Trip For Minors
Traveling for minors is not so uncommon nowadays. The world is becoming easier to access because of cheaper flights and tourist-friendly itineraries and destinations. Since quality travel can be challenging to achieve, these are some travel tips for the young:
1. Choose your destination.
- Do your research
- Check hotels
- Research on blog posts about the destination
2. Decide on your trip duration.
- Do not exhaust yourself.
- Choose itineraries that match the duration.
- Keep a practical schedule.
3. Plan your transportation ahead.
- Booking flights, trains, or buses can be cheaper when booked in advance.
- Be practical with your routes and cover activities as you go along.
4. Pack smart.
- Only bring what is necessary.
- Don’t shop too much if you’re traveling light.
- Research on culture appropriate dressing etiquette.
Travel brings several concerns, like how old to book a hotel room, whether you can check-in alone as a minor, and many more. These concerns are valid and can affect the quality of your travel. The first step to traveling is to plan, and by reading this article, you’re already one step ahead.