If you’re checking in a hotel, these people are the ones who would greet you first. You can easily find them because they are the first person you’ll see inside, aside from the guards on the front door. They are usually called front desk agents. Wondering how much do hotel front desk make? Read, and you’ll surely find out.
Front Desk Agent Responsibilities
Front desk agents are the first person you’ll see smiling at you when you enter a hotel. But their job is not just to smile and check the guests in. They have lots of duties and responsibilities, just like any other job. Before finding out how much do hotel front desk make, you need to know their responsibilities. They are:
- Greet guests – This is the first task a front desk agent has to do – greeting guests and asking them how they can help. They are considered as the face of the hotel because they are the first person the guests see.
- Check guests in and out – After greeting the guests, they check them in and make sure that the rooms they provide suit the guests’ needs. They are also the ones that make sure that the room is already available.
- Answer questions – Being a front desk agent requires patience because they need to answer all questions, especially those related to the hotel, whenever they are asked.
- Make recommendations – This is one of their primary tasks. They need to know the activities and other happenings in the hotel. They should also know what restaurants their hotel has.
- Store guests’ luggage – Many hotels are located near tourist spots and airports. Guests have luggage and heavy bags, and they don’t want to carry those while waiting for their room to be ready. Front desk agents are required to store guests’ luggage.
- Answering and directing phone calls – Before knowing how much do hotel front desk make, you need to know that the front desk agent is also responsible for answering and directing phone calls.
Front Desk Agent Salary
How much do hotel front desk make? The average pay for hotel front desk agents is $25,178 per year. It also depends on the hotel where they work and of course their city or country.
It Takes Guts to Become a Front Desk Agent
Being a front desk agent is a good career, especially knowing how much do hotel front desk make. However, like any other job, it is not always easy. It takes guts to become one. It requires lots of patience and understanding. Being a front desk agent requires someone to be more calm, kind, and considerable. If you’re dreaming of becoming a hotel owner or manager, you should start as a front desk agent to learn many good traits a hotel owner must have.