Hotels are well-known for giving freebies to their guests. You become in awe every time you see free stuff in your hotel room. But do you have to pay for coffee in hotel rooms? Check out the rest of this article to know if the coffee in hotel rooms is free of charge.
What are the Items in a Hotel Room which are Free of Charge
When you’re a traveler who is on a tight budget, investing in hotels that give a lot of free stuff will be the best part of your stay. If you just came from a long flight and suffered from jet lag, you want to get a cup of coffee while you chill in your cozy hotel room.
Some hotels have placed coffees inside their rooms, but do you have to pay for coffee in hotel rooms?
What are some of the hotel stuff that you can get for free?
Below is a list of items that are free of charge:
- Set of toiletries – These items are essential to have for every guest. Some hotels provide miniature versions of toothpaste, soaps, toothbrushes, shampoos, and even conditioners. These items are free. In fact, some guests even bring them home.
- Slippers – Are the slippers in hotels free? In most cases, slippers and other reusable stuff are free to use but are not allowed to be taken home. After the guests use the slippers, the housekeepers will wash them for the next guest to come. However, some hotels give free stuff, and sometimes this includes slippers.
- Coffee, sugar, and creamers – In most cases, this stuff is usually for free. They are meant to give comfort to the guests during their stay. So do you have to pay for coffee in hotel rooms? Some expensive hotels do charge their guests. Some of their trays have sensors so that the hotel managers can detect if you get a piece of coffee, sugar, or creamer, and they will add this to your charges. But this rarely happens in other hotels. Some expensive hotels even have premium espresso machines. The best thing you can do is to ask the front desk upon checking in to ensure you are not going to pay for extra charges.
- Food – It is not an unusual case for hotels to give free meals to their guests. Some include a set of fruits, cookies, and cakes for guests who are celebrating their birthdays. However, some hotels charge their guests with the food served in their rooms.
- Free cute gifts for kids – Some hotels do want to engage more with their guests, especially to the children. They often give away free toys for young ones and even cute toys for the guest’s pets.
Some hotels are sometimes strict with their policy. Do you have to pay for coffee in hotel rooms? This depends on the hotel where you’re staying. You can always check the hotel’s website online because it sometimes posts all the possible services, amenities, and even freebies. Know more about free hotel upgrades here.